News & Events
How to speed up onboarding with a new fulfilment company
Whether you’re outsourcing fulfilment for your online store for the first time, or switching fulfilment services because you’re dissatisfied with your current provider, your reasons are probably quite similar…
Perhaps you’ve outgrown your current arrangement or feel desirable service levels are not being achieved. Your customers might be complaining about order errors, damaged goods or late arrivals. Maybe you’ve launched a product range that needs specialist storage and/or bespoke packaging.
Scenarios like these can affect your profits, lead times, customer journey and brand reputation. So, when you start working with a new fulfilment provider, you’ll want to make sure the issues of the past are not repeated in the future.
Comprehensive onboarding is fundamental to future fulfilment success
Fullers Logistics is an end-to-end, multi-channel fulfilment service, working with SMEs across a wide range of industries. From our warehouses in Hampshire and Berkshire, our fulfilment experts store, pick & pack, and dispatch a huge variety of items of all shapes and sizes.
We believe that every successful partnership between an eCommerce retailer and a fulfilment provider begins with a thorough onboarding process.
If you choose to collaborate with Fullers, we can get you onboard within 2 weeks or less. That timeframe includes a dedicated Account Manager getting to know your products, customers, seasonal peaks, packaging preferences, shipping needs, key objectives, previous issues and desired improvements.
During this time, the Fullers team will also take care of full integration of your eCommerce software with our Warehouse Management System (WMS), which gives you real-time visibility of all orders and provides low stock alerts.
Watch this video to learn more about our onboarding process.
Get the basics sorted today, enjoy streamlined fulfilment tomorrow
Fullers Logistics’ clients thrive because of a positive ‘can-do’ culture that is always focused on unlocking their potential to achieve success.
With proper preparation and open communication from the onboarding stage onwards, together we can avoid some of the practical issues that might have held your eCommerce business back in the past.
Here are 5 ways you can help us to make your onboarding process run as quickly and smoothly as possible:
- Complete preliminary paperwork accurately and promptly – we’ll send you an application pack asking for essential information such as product codes and descriptions, volumes, and courier requirements, ready for us to upload onto our systems
- Include additional details with your SKUs such as the weight and dimensions of each product, so that we can calculate shipping costs and get you the best delivery rates via our trusted network of worldwide couriers
- Give us your XI EORI number, RRP and commodity codes so we can take care of all your customs documentation easily when shipping overseas
- Talk to us about your packaging requirements - we can suggest, source and order in high-impact, low-waste, on-brand materials to meet your specifications. Already got your packaging covered? Send it to us and our diligent team will pack your goods just how your customers like them
- Transfer your stock to our warehouse, ensuring it’s correctly labelled with the right product codes because errors in the stock being received could lead to delays. We’ll do a full stock check and agree a date on which to go live. A short window of downtime on your website during stock transfer can be advisable, or you may wish to keep hold of some stock to fulfil orders yourself during a brief interim period.
Your business will be assigned a designated Fullers Logistics Account Manager to guide you through the whole onboarding process. Count on them to help you make informed decisions that will positively impact the onboarding timeline and help us get up and running with high quality fulfilment for your eCommerce brand.
Ready to get onboard? Contact Fullers Logistics today and we’ll get back to you within 24-48 hours to learn more about your fulfilment needs and prepare a quote for your approval.